November 3, 2010
With the Republicans taking the House, it's a good time to be reminded of the many landmark accomplishments of the Obama administration thus far. And get a reality check. Obama said from the start that his plans could take 8 years, so enough with the selfish bitching:
Letter to a whiny young Democrat
Link to share/post: http://bit.ly/ausbxW
Rachel Maddow On President Obama & Democrats Accomplishments
Link to share/post: http://bit.ly/d6au0M
WHAT THE DEMS GOT DONE IN THE LAST 23 MONTHS:
• Fair Pay Act for Women
• Credit Card Controls; preventing gouging; issuance to those who cannot handle them
• Increased Regulation of Tobacco to Reduce Nicotine and Increase Warnings
• Hate Crime Bill (sexual orientation)
• Children's Health Insurance Expansion
• College Loans Program with No Middle Man (more money for students)
• Massive expansion of Americorps (young people in community service)
• Cash for Clunkers and the rest of the Auto Corp Bailout
• Economic Recovery Act (largest tax cut in history, huge investment in clean energy, education, guarantee of essential services to states, thousands of infrastructure projects)
• Affordable Health Care Act (tackling access, costs and regulations)
• Financial Reform Bill of Wall Street/Ban¬ks/Consum e¬r Protection
• Largest Expansion of Veteran Services in 30 years through budget consolidation, more home services, more coverage for women vets
• 25 Middle Class Tax Cuts
• Largest Land Conservation Bill in 25 years
• Creation of a National Consumer Protection Agency
• Unemployment Insurance
AND SHRANK THE FEDERAL DEFICIT. (Obama and Dems Shrink Deficit by $122 Billion
November 5, 2008
Celebrating Obama about a block from my apartment (First Ave. & St. Marks Place, NYC) mediately below; other videos from within a couple blocks follow:
Leaving up the links below, just as a reminder of who and what we were up against. It was a vile Republican campaign that was waged against the Democrats and the sentiments and comments in the videos and links below now stand in stark contrast to the peace, hope and joy we won on November 4.
McCain gave a dignified concession speech, probably his most sincere of his campaign and I do believe he will be there for Obama. Palin, on the other hand, is about to reap what she has so callously sewn. For me, her tears were not enough. It is, however, some satisfaction to know that this Ugly American must now pack her bags and return to an even chillier Alaska, no longer quite so smitten with their gal, having seen her true colors.
Arianna Huffington's Huffinton Post
First Read (MSNBC)
Jon Stewart's The Daily Show
Keith Olbermann's Countdown (MSNBC)
Lady Bunny's Brilliant Blog
Rachel Maddow Show
The Washington Independent
Anchorage Daily News' Palin page
Know Thine Enemy:
Fox News (or as Keith Olbermann calls it, "Fixed News")
Damning Video Clips:
- Tina Fey Does Palin on Saturday Night Live
- How The Republicans Hijacked 9/11
- The Ladies Of The View vs. McCain
- McCain Leaves GM Plant To Chants of Obama 08
- The Palin And McCain Administration: Sarah Flips The Ticket During A Rally
- Lady de Rothchild vs. "The Rednecks"
- Palin Supports Aerial Hunting of Wolves
- Let's Play "Wall Street Bailout" The Rules Are...Marcy Kapture (D-Ohio)
- Wanda Sykes Tears Into the GOP
- The Witch Hunter Anoints Sarah Palin
- Couric Goes One-On-One with Palin
- Letterman Mocks McCain For Canceling Appearance
- Craig Ferguson Knocks John McCain For Suspending Campaign, Compares Him To Castro, Napoleon, Caesar
- Letterman Attacks McCain Day 2: I Feel Like An Ugly Date
- If Sarah Palin Being One Heartbeat Away "Doesn't Scar The Hell Out of You, It Should"
- Tina Fey As Sarah Palin: Katie Couric SNL Skit
- SNL Sketch: The McCain/Obama Debate, More
- CNN's Campbell Brown vs. McCain Spokesman Tucker Bounds on Palin's Military Experience
- NBC' Brian Williams about the VP Debate on Letterman 1 of 2
- NBC' Brian Williams about tne VP Debate on Letterman 2 of 2
- Bill Mahr on Palin's Debate Performance
- Diddy's "Sarah Palin Scares Me" Vote advert
- Tina Fey, Queen Latifah Mock the VP Debates on SNL
- Palin Misquotes Albright (off of a Starbucks cup!): "Place In Hell Reserved For Women Who Don't Support Other Women"
- Union President Defends Obama Against Racism (emotional, moving, best speech of the campaign)
- Five Myths About John McCain
- Campbell Brown Blasts McCain Campaign For "Race Baiting"
- David Brooks: Sarah Palin "Represents A Fatal Cancer To the Republican Party"
- McCain-Palin Rally Attendees: "Obama Is A Terrorist"
- Mini-Documentary on McCain's Scary Temper
- Palin Rape Kit Controversy: New Evidence (Palin redecorates office, but is OK with rape victims being charged for forensic exams)
- Hockey Mom Palin Booed at...Hockey Game (Philadelphia, uses daughter as shield)
- Campbell Brown Hits Back ON Maligning Arabs, Muslims
- Campaign AdWatch: Rape Victim Assails Palin On Choice
- Olbermann "Special Comment" On 'Real America,' Palin, Bachmann
- Chuck Todd (NBC) on McCain-Palin: No Chemistry, No Trust, Possibly No Chance
- Ellen Degeneres Slams Sarah Palin
- Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama
- Scary: Do You Want McCain's "Other" Wars, Nuclear Terrorist Attack Possible, more
- NBC anchor David Schuster Laughs at GOP strategist's outrage over Obama taking campaign jet to see sick grandmother.
- McCain Allows Only Five Live Minutes For Joint CNBC Interview With "Rogue" Palin
- Joe The Plumber Blows Off McCain
- McCain-Palin Supporter Starts Backlash Over Obama Anti-Muslim Poster
- Listen to Joe who fears losing his job, Jocelyn, who lost her son in the war, now losing her home to a predatory lending scam. The most touching summation of what's wrong with the US.
- And another chilling comment on the real possibility of a nuclear terrorist attack on a US city, if McCain chooses to use the same on Iran
Even Worse/Better Press Clips:
- Alaskans Speak (In A Frightened Whisper): Palin Is “Racist, Sexist, Vindictive, And Mean”
- Palin Try to Ban Library Books?
- Palin Asks for Prayers That War Be "Task That Is From God"
- Palin's Church Promotes "Ex-Gay" Conference
- Roger Ebert on Sarah Palin: The American Idol Candidate
- Sarah Palin Presidency Would be 'Terrifying Possibility', Warns Matt Damon
- Sarah Palin Says She Open To Teaching Creationism In Public Schools
- The perils of Palin: McCain's pick for VP could bring social issues to the fore in this campaign.
- About Sarah Palin: A Letter From Anne Kilkenny
- A local CBS reporter in Portland, Maine takes McCain to task over Palin.
- McCain vs The Ladies of "The View"
- McCain Barbs Stirring Outcry as Distortions (New York Times)
- Blizzard of Lies (New York Times)
- She’s Not Ready (New York Times)
- Gov. Palin’s Worldview (New York Times)
- McCain: Mr. Straight Talk? (First Read/MSNBC)
- Letter From Alaska: The State of Sarah Palin (The New Yorker)
- McCain Gets Testy On "Morning Joe" (MSNBC)
- Bank Tied to McCain's Son Goes Under
- Alaska Women Cool To Palin
- McCain Must Release His Medical Records
- Lipstick On A Wing Nut
- Pelosi Hammers Palin, Compares Her to Bush
- Governor Palin's Reading List
- Bigoted Obama Waffles; Bigoted Values Voter Conference
- This Week's (9/17) Palin Primer From Alaska: Bristol and Levi, Earmarks, Troopergate, More
- Lose your house, lose your vote
- Another Palin Lie: Claimed She Took Pay Cut As Mayor, Actually Got Raise
- This is Your Nation on White Privilege
- Obama Rapid-Response Ad Skewers McCain
- Families of Fallen Soldiers Sound Off on McCain-Palin
- Hillary's Women Reject McCain's VP Choice
- Thomas Muthe Kenyan Witch Hunter Associated With Success of Palin
- Feminist Eve Ensler vs. Sarah Palin
- Gay & Lesbian Times Magazine Interview w/Obama
- Fox News Fires Producer Who Chyroned Michelle Obama Barack's "Baby Mama"
- McCain Paid $5583.00 for "American Idol" Make-Up Artist
- RFK Jr. On Palin's Oil Obsession: "The Only Difference Between Sarah Palin And Dick Cheney Is ... Lipstick"
- Biden Rips McCain on Zapatero Gaffe in Barnburning Speech
- Couric and Letterman Too Much for McCain and Palin
- The Palin Pick: The Devolution of McCain
- During "Suspension" McCain Grandstands, Advisers Attack
- Barney Frank: GOP Colleges Winced At "Mighty Mouse" McCain
- McCain Makes It Worse as GOP Erupts Over Bailout
- National Enquirer Alleges Sarah Palin Affair With Brad Hanson
- Letterman's Cronkite Turn (re McCain)
- As Governor, Palin Accepted $25,000 In Gifts
- Is This A Democracy or Monarchy? - Barbara Streisand
- Reading the Pictures: McCain Sticks It To Palin (Throwing Her Over for Giuliani?)
- New Hampshire Newspaper Suspends Editorials To Focus On Economy
- For McCain and Team A Host of Tied To Gambling
- The Scariest Thing About Sarah Palin Isn't How Unqualified She Is, It's What Her Candidacy Says About America.
- McCain Gets Testy with Des Moines Register
- Arianna Huffington: VP Debate: McCain's Gamble Comes Up Snakeyes
- Rolling Stone Magazine: Make-Believe Maverick: A closer look at the life and career of John McCain reveals a disturbing record of recklessness and dishonesty
- Petraeus Talk Blosters Obama: "You Have To Talk to Enemies"
- Press Not Allowed to Talk To Palin Supporters
- Black Congressmen Declare Racism In Palin's Rhetoric
- In Dozens of Calls, Palins Pressed for Trooper's Removal
- Big Ballot Boo-Boo: Osama For President? Ballot typo? Hmmm
- Troopergate Report: Palin Unlawfully Used Her Authority
- What the Troopergate Report Really Says: Palin's Administration "Shockingly Amateurish" - Time Magazine
- McCailin-Palin First Ever Ticket Where Both Candidates Found to Have Violated Ethics Standards Before Election
- Virginia GOP Head Tells Volunteers: Compare Obama to Osama
- "Kite Runner" Author Blasts McCain, Palin: "They Lack Moral Courage"
- Palin Makes Troopergate Assertions That Are Flatly False
- Undecideds Focus Group Laughed At McCain
- Palin Clothes Spending Had Dems Salivating, Republicans Livid. Ms Joe Sixpack spent $150,000 of GOP money on clothes, make-up.
- Dozens Of Call Center Workers Walk Off Job In Protest Rather Than Read McCain Script Attacking Obama
- Out Of The Closet: Palin's Favorite Consignment Store Served With 'Cease And Desist'
- McCain Funded Work Of Palestinian His Campaign Hopes To Tie To Obama
- Palin's future, according to Garrison Keillor
- Palin: First Amendment Rights Threatened By Criticism